Big Firm Quality Small Town ServiceTraditional Methods Modern ApproachesRelationships In & Out of the Courtroom
Real Estate Law
Real estate transactions in southwest Florida can often be complicated, even to the experienced real estate professional. The real estate market has seen its share of losses in recent years, some of which could have been prevented through the hiring of an experienced real estate attorney. We have represented not only the traditional Naples homeowner, but also commercial investors, banks, developers, and associations. No matter what the type of real estate transaction, it is always important to consult an attorney throughout the process, from contract to close.
Our job is to assist you in the completion and closing of your real estate transaction in the most efficient and effective manner. In the case of residential home transactions, we will assist you from contract through closing to ensure that your life investment is protected. In the case of commercial real estate transactions, we can assist you with the complex negotiations and due diligence sometimes associated with such transactions, and take you through the closing process. In addition, we provide title insurance services in connection with all of our real estate transactions.
Attorneys v. Title Companies
Selling or buying a home or property in the state of Florida is often a life-changing, sometimes emotional, event. Sometimes it is the most important business decision you or a client can make in their lifetime. Woods, Weidenmiller, Michetti, Rudnick & Galbraith urges you to use our firm to manage your closings instead of a title company. The advantages are clear.
- Attorneys provide legal counsel to you and/or your real estate clients. This reason alones sets attorneys apart from title companies. As attorneys we are charged with representing our clients’ interests and providing legal counsel. Title companies simply cannot perform this function. A title company only prepares the closing documents in conjunction with the transaction. Our attorneys are representing your interests from contract to close and endeavor to solve any problems that arise throughout the closing process.
- Attorneys are often more affordable than you think. There is a mistaken believe among realtors and consumers that title companies provide the same services closing services at less cost to the consumer. This is simply not true. Woods, Weidenmiller, Michetti, Rudnick & Galbraith’s closing services are often comparable if not more affordable than title companies (who often include “junk” fees and costs at closing).
- Finally, there is a common misperception that attorneys are “deal killers.” Again, this could not be further from the truth. Often attorneys have the ability to keep deals together using innovative legal strategies.
Woods, Weidenmiller, Michetti, Rudnick & Galbraith prides itself on providing exemplary client service while also providing effective legal representation. Call us for your next closing at 239.325.4070
Title Insurance Services
The firm also serves as a full services title insurance, refinance, abstract and escrow company for consumers of all types dealing with real estate in southwest Florida. Our goal is to become a neighborhood business. Many of our clients over the past few years have been referred to us by word of mouth from realtors and lenders in the southwest Florida community. We are committed to providing customer service and satisfaction. The firm’s title insurance is underwritten by Old Republic National Title Insurance Company, and includes:
- Residential Real Estate Closings and Mortgage Refinances,
- Commercial Real Estate Closings and Escrow Services, and
- Owner and Mortgagee Title Insurance Policies.
As well as most other title related services.
The firm also has experience representing financial institutions in the closing of commercial loan transactions. Such representation includes the preparation of commercial loan documents, review of title and issuance of title insurance, and much more. We have prepared loan transactions of all types including:
- Commercial and Construction Loans Secured by Real Estate
- Notes Secured by Personal Property and UCC Filings
- Assignments of Loan Documents; Spreader Agreements
The firm represents Condominium/Homeowners Associations in a wide array of matters including:
- Document Preparation and Association Formation
- Lien Foreclosure and Covenant Enforcement
- Transition Assistance
- General Association Representation
We’re small enough to listen, and big enough to help.