Big Firm Quality Small Town ServiceTraditional Methods Modern ApproachesRelationships In & Out of the Courtroom
Legal and Business Experience
Joseph O. Hankins focuses his legal practice in the areas of business law and estate planning, with an emphasis on implementing strategies that allow families and small businesses to retain wealth and control the ultimate disposition of their assets. He has experience handling the valuation of complex assets such as beneficiary interests in trusts, partnership interests and closely held corporate interests, as well as handling all aspects of family law proceedings, including discovery, motions practice and mediation. Mr. Hankins provides his clients with individualized legal guidance, with a focus on pragmatic and real-world solutions.
- Associate, Woods, Weidenmiller, Michetti, Rudnick & Galbraith, PLLC, 2016 to Present
- Associate, Hahn Loeser & Parks LLP, 2015 to 2016.
- Attorney, Hankins Law, LLC, 2013-14.
- Associate, New & Lowinger, P.C., 2009-13.
- Law Clerk, Arlington County Circuit Court, 2008-09.
- Admitted to the Indiana Bar, 2013; Maryland Bar, 2009; Virginia Bar, 2008.
- Indiana State Bar Association: Attorney's Network Section, Chair; Probate, Trust and Real Property Section Newsletter, Associate Editor.
- The Sagamore American Inn of Court: Member.
- Probating Insolvent and Bankrupt Estates, Probate Boot Camp, National Business Institute: Speaker, December 16, 2014.
- Closing the Estate, Probate Boot Camp, National Business Institute: Speaker, December 16, 2014.
- Estate Planning for the Modern Family, RBC Wealth Advisors CLE: Speaker, August 19, 2014.
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts, The Complete Trust Course, Foxmoor Continuing Education: Speaker, June 6, 2014.
- Discount Planning with Trusts, The Complete Trust Course, Foxmoor Continuing Education: Speaker, June 6,2014.
- Author, "Why Include Health Care Specifics in Your Estate Plan," Current in Noblesville, October 28, 2014.
- Author, "Avoid These Estate Planning Myths," Current in Noblesville, September 23, 2014.
- Author, "Passing a Family Business: Some Important Considerations," Peloton Wealth Advisors Newsletter, August 19, 2014.
We’re small enough to listen, and big enough to help.